Header Image

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cantillon Classic Gueuze

12.7 fluid ounce bottle severed around 50 degrees poured into a Bruery Tulip.  I obtained the bottle part of the trade I did with Evan (aka optimator13).   

Appearance:  When poured into the bottle a very small head appears, when poured roughly it achieves about ¾ of an inch.  It appears to be almost still with a small a ring of bubbles around the edge of the glass, very low carbonation that leaves no lacing.  It has sort of a gold orange color to it.  It appears slick… Once it warms a little bit do it goes dead clear. 

Aroma:  Sour, funky funk, catty, very catty and somewhat tart like lemons.  Bonnie says it doesn't smell like something she would like as it smells like a sour.  I’m picking up lemons, citrus and oak.  All seem to be balanced in the deep reaches of my nose. Aroma starts the funk up a little bit as it warms.

Mouthfeel: Very slick with low carbonation.  What carbonation there is, dances around my palate leaving a slight tingle on my tongue. Low to medium bodied
 
Capped and Corked
Taste:  Nice and sour with no hops presence whatsoever.   It has a slightly metallic twang it it.  In my opinion it is just yummy at this point in my beer evolution.  The sourness completely washes over the palate.  It has an old hop feel to it leaving no bitterness. The sourness is a very clean.

Overall:  This is a really complex and a completely fantastic sour.  This is the first time I have has it and I can understand why this is regarded as high as it is.  I am very glad to have traded for a small bottle of it.  I received a 750 of it in the Sours BIF 4.0 from Lauren aka ThoreauLikeAGirl that I plan on one day sharing with friends.   Enough review its time to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...